Sunday, May 31, 2009

How to make a mini unicorn

So this is Ollie, my younger mini. He is very sweet and into kids and loves everybody. Excepting maybe me currently since I dressed him up as a unicorn last weekend! Oh well he will get over it! So this is him all fussy, as usual. I didn't want to have him be a fussy unicorn so I insisted on clipping him. Big mistake! I ended up spending almost $90 on a pair of clippers (which is cheap!) and used some clipper guides from a pair of people clippers on them. They worked wonderfully!

See how much hair came off? It went very quick!
The end product! Although he has clipper lines I still think he looks better now!



Everything that came off of him.


Ah yes, so this was the saddle (which I didnt' end up using) I used two pieces of foam, one I left normal and the other I cut the ends off of to make a pommel and cantle. I used foam and fabric adhisive to glue them together.





His halter, I spray painted with fabric paint and his horn.






His horn started out as a cone that I used a knife to get the main bulk off then sanded so it was smooth (ish). You can see where I broke the tip sanding it and had to glue it back together.




The saddle almost done. I spent a lot of time on this, its too bad I didn't like it in the end. Oh and I got some help at this point. Can't see who?








Yep! That is John Tom, my horse/dog/cat. He runs around to the mission impossible theme song!








Right, actaul horse pictures now, almost unicorn. We have now sufficently glittered him, and he is starting to look pathetic. I think he knows that everyone thinks he looks like a girl, and so the glitter doesn't help.










All ready and on our way (we walked from my sisters house to the party at the church). I am suppost to be a fairy, but in the end I just threw some stuff together that looked warm. My sister wanted to be a princess so she worn an old prom dress.








I look more like a peasent then a fairy. Maybe I am a peasent fairy. Whatever I was it worked with Ollie.











Loren got some great shots of the kids, but I wasn't sure it would do to put them here, so I will just put this picture of my and Ollie on (ok and barely one kid).








We did a photo shoot back at the house.













Yep, twinkly toes works!















Please someone save me!!!
















Being a great little mower and enjoying his after torture treat!














This was him later that day at home. We didn't get any good shots of the stars, but he had two pink glitter stars on his butt. The kids all wanted to touch it and kept showing us that they had glitter on them, like they didn't know where it had come from! But apperently even if all the glitter is gone the glue is still there!
And that is how to make a unicorn! (and torture your horse in the meantime!)

















No comments: