Saturday, May 30, 2009

The great unicorn post!

Yes, we really did dress Ollie up as a unicorn! Although the day did not go as smoothly as I would have liked.
1. It was overcast! So the glitter that I spent $60 on wasn't as pretty as it could have been, and the gold dust sparkle didn't show up at all.
2. I didn't put the saddle on. The saddle I worked several hours on and stressed over quite a bit. Emily talked me into the gold faberic and I thought it ended up looking tacky.
3. Ollie it turns out does not like to have children on his back bareback. The birthday girl barely got a ride in before he bucked (luckly mini bucks are not much of anything and my sister was there holding on) It was embarassing because Ollie is usually so good with children and I didnt' want everyone to think I had brough an unsafe horse.

But other then that things went well, Ollie did look very cute, and the kids were very excited and the parents were pretty into it too. Espeshally since I cliped him, after spending $80 on clippers. Really for how much money I spent on the whole thing it would have been nicer if there hadn't been so many problems.

So I am going to post pictures on the next post of the whole process. Start to finish.

No comments: