Friday, May 1, 2009

A Miss Kezi post!

I feel like bloging about Kezi today! Maybe its because I have been having so much fun taking her out for walks lately and that has been my only horse contact this week. Its funny that right when I started thinking about putting her down because she was so bad during the winter is right when I started bonding with her more! Not that I didn't like her before, she just never really felt like "my" horse like my other horses do! Even though I have spent more money on her then the two mini's combined! But Lucy still managed to rack up bigger vet bills last year.

I have been obsesivly watching Kezi move for any sign of lameness and gotta say that whatever is wrong with her, its entirely pain related! Maybe once a week at the most I see her do something that is lameness related, and at this point some of it, like her resting her hoove on her toe, could just be habit. Espeshally since I have seen her do it with the other hoove a couple times now. Also, ever since she has been on the anti-inflamitories she has been laying down with her leg underneither her, rather then stuck out in front of her.
I love seeing her trot up to the fence in the morning, she has such an amazing trot! I know she shouldn't be trotting right now, but unless I allow her the space to do so she will start rearing to get her energy out and that is really bad for her!
Part of me wants to keep her on the pain meds all summer just so she can feel good and be happy! But hopefully she will stay sound while on continued paddock rest through the summer.
I also wish I could take her on longer walks. I'm sure she more then enjoys our little jaunts out to eat grass, but a longer walk would be nice. I don't think it would be a problem if it weren't for the steep hill! But eventually we will have to go down it to go for any decent langth walks. But that is a ways away right now.

She is starting to shed out and loose her winter weight, I have always thought Lucy was a beautiful horse, and still do, but I defy anyone to not admit that Kezi is drop dead gorgeous! She is the kind of horse you see on those horse calenders. Like the one that I have in my office right now! HAah! None of those horses are as pretty as Kezi though!

Well lets hope I have a good weekend and start feeling better, I dont' mind being really sick becuase I get to rest and get better, but when I am just a little bit sick then I still go to work and then it takes longer to recover! Grrr!

Oh and its raining, but really warm, its wierd!

No comments: