Monday, May 11, 2009

I do so solomly swear....

.... to spend more time doing my hobbies that don't suck the life and money out of me (um yes Lucy and Kezi I am talking about you here!) Although I don't consider my horses my hobby, they are more like a way of life.

But enough about the horses! I actaully ment to post this last week when it was all new and everything but I had a horrible week and didn't feel like it.

So it all started with Alicia wanting to know if I wanted to go to some reenactments this summer. We haven't gone for two or three years. Our group got a little too flightly, we never knew what our group was going to be or even what side they were going to be on! Plus, there are not many younger people in that group. So Alicia thinks we need to branch off with Gail or join a new group. But one way or another we would all (Alicia, Stacy and I, and maybe Heather) like to go back to reenacting again. I mean we all have a good supply of dresses, and a very nice tent, and well we miss it! Although with training for endurance that could get my life a bit hectic. But I guess we will see how that works out.

So from their we started into talking about sewing and everything we needed to sew for Cambria's birthday, which make me remember all the unfinished sewing projects I had. Which of course made me want to get me sewing room set up again and finish them! So I haven't done it yet but I really, really want to! So I made a pact with myself that I would, even if it ment spending a little bit less time with the horses. Although I think it more means giving up relaxing at night after work. Grrrr!

Hopefully I will have updates on the progress of my new pact! Haha!

7 comments:

Mel said...

What kind of reenactments?

JB said...

Civil War, I keep meaning to ask you about how long you have been doing them and such but every time I do, the comments stop working for me! Somehow that has to be ironic or meaningful, but I am not sure how! HAha!

Mel said...

I've been doing it for ~8 or 9 years now.

Who do you reenact with?

JB said...

I would have to go ask my sister! I can never remember which organization it is. I think ACWA, but have really never bothered to remember. We go to Roaring Camp (by far our fav!) Nights Ferry, Casa De Fruita, and once to Duncan Mills, but we were guests. I liked it becuase it had horses which most of ours don't :( My sister has been doing it for about that same time, except we stoped for a couple years. I only went for two or so years before we stoped.

Mel said...

Sounds like you are part of ACWA from the events you list. Yes, the horses are cool. I'm with the organization that puts on Duncan Mills. I used to drive the artillery teams, but now I'm a teamster and I drive the 2 horse ambulance. It sounds like you mostly do the civillian thing? perfectly understandable if you can't do the horse thing. LOL. I'm going to Gibson ranch this weekend.

JB said...

Yeah, we belong or did belong, to a group that was mostly civillian, although they liked to switch around a lot! My sisters and I getting to walk around doing nothing but show off our pretty dresses! Haha! But I it might be fun to get to do something with the horses, although I never have liked being in loud, fast paced situations, espeshally with my horses. But I do know how to drive, I drive both my mini's and Lucy is in training.

Mel said...

CHAS is a nice organization to belong to because we use CHAS horses (members don't use their own horses). So I get to drive 2 very well behaved horses around the battle field with cannon fire and have fun while not worrying about my horses or training. Check out the website at www.warhorse.org the horses and the base is Salinas CA,