Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ah the farrier has spoken!

And now stressed out horsey princess is no longer over reacting! No I don't call myselt horsey princess, my dad does! He has blue tooth in his truck (the cool kind that works through the rear veiw mirror) and for whatever reason it cannot disinguish my name, so he put me in as horsey princess. For some reason that always makes me feel closer to him.

Anyway, Luke called this afternoon and made me feel a lot better about Lucy. He said that it sounded like a lot of little things. Mostly that her hooves haven't toughend up yet from the winter and her year off, and that she might have gotten a bad stone bruise as well.

He did say not to ride her on any hard trails with a lot of rocks for a while as that could make her worse. But that as the ground drys out her feet will harden up again, and if I wanted to speed the process up I could put iodine or terpentine on her hooves.

So I will go back to riding her just at home for a while and then see about walking her up Gazos to ride on Johannson as it is a fairly soft trail.

No comments: