Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Let the horse torture begin!!

Ok so dressing Ollie up as a unicorn isn't really torture, espeshally since we decided that spray painting him white was deffinatly a bad idea!! Haha! So instead the poor guy is going to be super glittery! The more glitter the better seems to be the idea!

So here is the plan so far:

Gold twinkle toes on his hooves
Gold twinkle gel in his mane and tail
Little braids in his mane
French braid his tail
All over gold sparkle dust
Purple twinkle stars on his butt
Gold halter and rope reins
Gold saddle cloth over the top of my square pad, with foam for the pommel and cantel and a flat strap going around his middle to keep it in place
Gold horn attached to his halter (that will needs some craftiness!)

And....


Actaull that might be it! For now anyway!

This weekend I am going to give him a good bath and see if I can't get some more coat off of him. Then I might clip him if I can find or pick up clipper heads. That way if I make any mistakes they might have time to grow out and be fixed. We will see. This will be my first time doing a body clipping, or any clipping other then bridal path!

Then for my own costume, because Alicia says that I have to dress up as a fairy, I am looking to buy a cute flowery dress that I can modify and add wings to. I want to be able to wear the dress other places afterwards. If it werent' for a kids party I would just use one of my monet dresses, but those won't work for a kids party nor for being around the horses!! Too bad!

Will update as things come along and get some pictures too! I think I might pay Loren to come along with us and take pictures.

2 comments:

Mel said...

You DEFINATELY need to post pictures!

JB said...

Oh belive me, I will!!!