Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday afternoon!

Yipppy! I got to Sunday! We had a mothers day breakfast in the barn after going up to see mom and give her flowers. Loren stayed with us through breakfast. We then talked about the barn and what it need to get it going to be able to rent it out. My dad would like to rent it out for events as well as overnights.

But the really great thing is..... you haven't guessed it yet? Really though, I mean come on! What else could get me this excited!? Well ok, what else could get me this excited that I am putting in my blog!?

Riding of course!!! Now don't you feel silly! Yep I got to ride again on Sunday. It felt like so much longer then two weeks. To Lucy too!
At first it felt like she was sucking back and not wanting to move out on the road, which may be the case, she may need shoes or boots for on the road. But once we got on the trail I started asking her to move out a little bit more. Up until the Y her speed was rather sporatic. Slow then fast and so on. Although she wasn't trying to turn around a whole bunch. After the Y she really sped up and was practicly running down the trail! But in a controled kind of way, not like before when it felt like she was just trying to get down the hill as soon as possible. This was more like she just wanted to move out more quickly. Going back up the hill she broke into the trot several times, which I allowed since I like to encurage her trot. Although we were headed towards home that is rather unuall for her at any time. Her pace was good on the way back but not rushing. She didn't trip at all, and seemed to enjoy our ride. All in all I was VERY pleased!
I ment to get up and ride this morning but couldnt' pull myself out of bed, so I will ride on Wednesday as usual and try to get back to our old shedule.

But yeah! I am riding again!

No comments: