Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Alls quiet on the Western Front

Well the horsey front anyway. As you might have noticed I haven't postsed about riding lately, why? Because I have only riden like twice in the last two weeks! But those two rides are noteworthy. Mostly because they were very exciting and make my current predicament even worse.
So first the bad:

Lucy is still tender on hard rocky ground. So I can only ride her down my trail at home which is like 3 miles round trip. I was very seriously considering trying sole guard on her until she gets trimed and can have boots on, but decided it was too much money to spend right now. So I might order a bottle of durasole and put that on until her trimming.

The good:

Lucy is apperently feeling her oats! I had been commenting to Loren that ever since that ride where she was so off she has been overly spooking (for Lucy) and jumpy and how weird that was. So when I finally took her out on a ride she was very energectic, more like she used to be. Then on Sunday when I rode we had a very eventful ride! I trotted her a bit at first then let her walk, her walk is much more like it used to be, long strided and fast, at the top of hills she would slow down a little bit like "oh yeah I'm kinda tired!" but then resume her faster speed. We rode past the Y and down the hill, where she really wanted to go faster. On the way back up I decided to trot her up and see how far she could go without losing momentum. At first she didn't want to trot, then she did then she cantered then she bucked, but not a serious buck! So then we made a wide turn at the trot and she wanted to go faster on the straight and got upset when I wouldnt' let her and bucked again. If Lucy didnt' have such wussy bucks it might have been a problem! But as it is even when she is really mad her bucks are not that big. Anyway I made her walk back which didn't take a lot of time since she had so much energy.

So now I am really annoyed because she finally has the energy for longer rides but because of her hooves she can't go on any of the trails that are longer! Grrr!

I might take her up my main trail this weekend and see how she does, if she does ok walking on the sides of the road up Gazos I can ride her up Johansons quite a ways since that is softer ground.


Luckly I haven't been too bored with all this time of no riding because Loren got me into wow. I know, I cannot belive it, its horrible. Although I am going to make my summer schedule up today and it might turn out that I do not have enough time for it. Loren will be disapointed though, and I really should have something outside of horses that I am into. I can't really play it much until I get my new computer, so for now I am playing on Lorens.

No comments: