Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wednsday ride plus some extra Kezi goodies!



So we had another nice ride yesterday. My goal was Chalk Mountain but we come about a mile short of that, I didn't want to waste all of Lucy's energy on the way out since we still had to go home plus it was getting late.

She did quite well keeping up a trotting rythem. She did get a little tired on the way back and didn't want to trot much. We went roughly 10.3 miles, but I am unsure on the exact distance since my GPS didn't pick up a signal until about a mile up the trail. It took us 3 hours, at an average speed of 2.9 mph, which I think might be a little off. So our average was probably more like 3.3mph.

It was a an amazing night! The fog was just rolling in when we headed out so the sun seemed more soft and clearer!


Here is the link to our ride, I will be putting it up on my rides list as well:


I changed the gullet on my Wintec to the medium wide and now it is pinching her just behind the withers. I am so fed up with treed saddles!!! If I am not careful I will spend all my money when I get it back from my dad on a barefoot, not that that would be the end of the world, but I do need to pay for everyones shots and teeth floating. This is the one time of the year when I truely do feel like I own four horses! Mini's shots do not cost any less!
I also need to buy Lucy's boots since I feel like I don't want to chance her getting another bruise before Fireworks, BUT Luke won't be able to come out until next week, which I kinda expected but I am non to pleased about.
Sometime this weekend I will try to get to the tack stores and see what they have in the way of saddles, I might buy a cheepy that fits her for now so I can continue to train for fireworks.


So I quick Kezi update:

She has not been herself lately, much more dejected and less energetic. I feel bad for her stuck in that paddock but its for her own good. I feel like we could be really close to her repairing whatever is wrong with her leg. Right now she shows very few signs of lameness, but her hoof is still less flared then the other indicating that she is putting a lot less weight on it.

Some days I feel like with time and healing she will be ok and be sound, and other days I feel like she will never quite get over what is wrong.

Patients will be my best friend for her!


Work sucks! I can only just remember a time when I enjoyed going to work! This week has been the week from hell! I have been super jittery all week and am always tired! But it should get better soon. I hope.

No comments: