Friday, June 12, 2009

The in and out horse

Yes its miss Kezi again, here to provide endless amount of entertainment, and give her mom a heartattach. Although at this point I think her mom has gotten used to the fact that she will constently do things that could easily kill her, but other then that one leg she is indestructable!
So what did Miss Kezi do this time? Go on a little adventure of course! And get all the other horses in an uproar as well.

So yesterday by the end of the day I had a horrible headache, one that also makes my stomache ache its so bad. It's been a hard week. Luckly Loren was willing to drive home, or in other words since I cureled up in the passenger seat of my car, he drove home!
We stoped outside of Lucy's pen as usual to say hi to her (why not when her paddock is so conviently close to the driveway?) but she was not interested in seeing me, just looking back up the road. Little did I know she was trying to tell me something.
We parked, I drug myself out of the car and went over to say hi to Kezi. But wait, something was wrong! Kezi had shrunk! Oh no, thats Ollie!! Why is Ollie the only one at the gate!? Whinnying at me too! I walk to the gate, still no Kezi. I tell Loren that I think I am missing a horse, crawl into the paddock and ..... well yeah I was missing a horse. But I know where she is, Lucy was plainly telling me by looking up at the pasture. So I grab her halter and we walk up to the feed area. There is Miss Kezi looking so damn proud of herself, I wish I had a camera, Kezi standing in the middle of the hay with one of the feed containers knocked over (she couldn't get the lid off!!) eating alfalfa was just too cute!

I know how she got out of course, but I am not sure how she got back up to the road. See the lower fence in her paddock has been completly pushed over. She isn't really suppost to be in the paddock but Lucy keeps breaking her fences! I have been counting on the horses remembering that there was once a fence there to keep them in, and since there isn't much of a incentive to go out there (all there is is a bunch of wild berry bushes and then a steep downhill) they hadn't been too inclined to get out.
Anyway, what I can't figure out is how she got back onto the driveway. She either had to fit between the paddock wall and a tree, a space about a foot and a half wide, or jump over a pile of branches about 4 feet high and 5 feet wide (not beyond her skill though) or forge a path through the underbrush down around the trees and back up onto the road. Any one of these possibilies seem unlikely. But she is fine and unhurt and now living in Lucy's paddock, while Lucy is living in her paddock.

Its interesting how many times the horses have escaped since I got Kezi! First Ollie got out to visit Lu and Huck (not sure how or why) then Kezi jumped out of her paddock (the one that Lucy is usually in) to visit Lu and Huck then Lucy broke a fence and Huck got out to eat (Lucy chose to stay in the comfort of her own pasture) and now Kezi just wonders out of her paddock and goes off to eat.

I am suprised that she is still sound and fine after all this. We shall see......

No comments: