Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Update of lots of little inconsiquental stuff (like how I can't spell!)

Ok lets try and break this into sections:

Horses: I had another very interesting ride on Sunday. Very energetic again. I am adament that I am going to take her on a longer ride this week or this weekend. I ment to do it last weekend but other things got in the way (see following). One thing I wanted to mention because its so amazing. I have a vary steep hill on the road going to my house, I have to go up and down this hill when I ride on my local trail. Last winter when Lucy was very sick she had one of her breathing attacks after just walking up that hill. Only three or four months ago when I started working her again she would get severely out of breath going up the hill and we had to stop several times to make sure she was ok. Now she has so much energy that we trot up the hill only stopping once, briefly, because I like her to catch her breath, but she is only just out of breath at the top.
Its amazing and wonderful for a horse that a lot a people thought would never come back. I mean the nerves going to her airways were paralized to certain extent, and from my mom's sickness I know how long and hard it is to repair nerves, and now they are all fine again. I think she is a super horse!Hehe!

WOW: Yes, I know, playing wow makes me a geek. Or a loser. Or just really need an outlet other then my horses! I think its just because wow is an incredibly addicting game. Just like horses! Anyway I now have three charaters, all named after my animals: Eeli (my dog), Lucy (my horse, because Keziahs name comes from a book that both loren and I read he already has a character named Keziah) and Dieta which is a different spelling for my first horses name (it pronounced Deetah). They are, respectively; a paladin (according to Loren the most unfair class in their abilitlys) a mage (by far my favorite!) and a Priest (they are good healers but die a lot!)
Anway, now I am trying to fit that into my schedule as well!

Oh right, another thing that is horse related. I am working with Sassy, one of my friends horses. She is super cute and lots of fun to work with. She is a Gypsy Vanner/Quarter Horse cross but looks all Vanner. Right now she is just a wee bit overweight (ok I am being nice, she is a tub!) but I think with some ponying off Lu she will lose weight. It will also help that I will be working with her on a regular basis. Right now the plan is to train her to a cart and then Carolyn will send her to someone to be backed. Should be fun!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Regarding WOW: In my opinion it's good to have another outlet for energy besides horses. I love horses and they could easily take over my life. However, I've noticed that I'm more sucessful at endurance and I'm happier and my horses are happier if I have something else like running or fiddling to give us both some down time. Don't think of WOW as a time waster, you are just giving you and horses some R&R!

JB said...

Thanks mel! Not that I need encuregment, buts it's also something I do with my boyfriend. Gives us something to talk about other then my horses and how bad/good/annoying they are being!
I also try to keep up with my other hobbys but they are harder to find the time for.