Thursday, June 4, 2009

Spring cleaning (for my wallet!)

I decided today to make a spreadsheet charting my spending over the last several months and see what I could do to change it, its been hard since I haven't paid Carolyn for a while.
As far as I could see I could free up about $200 if I remember to bring lunch from home and am more careful about spending at the grocery store. I think it would help a lot if I went shopping at Costo, espeshally for lunch stuff.
I have been thinking about cutting back on the horses grain, but since I finally got Lucy where I want her weight wise, I am not sure that is such a great idea.
I have also been thinking about selling Kezi and Ollie, but again not sure that is a great idea. First, who would want Kezi? Second, I do!! Ha! I am so sure that I am going to get to ride her someday that I am determined to find a way to afford her, and make her all better! And Ollie isn't that much of an added expense anyway.

So how am I going to cut back on spending?:

  • Shop at costo, or at least try to bring weekly grocery expense under $60 perferably $50
  • Don't eat lunch in town or HMB, buy lunch stuff and keep it in barn freezer
  • Don't get money out of the ATM, its easier to spend cash on snacks and food then my debit card!
  • Potentally cut back on Lucy's grain

Although quite frankly I know that best way to save money, cut loose the jobless boyfriend! It would make my life so much easier if he had a job!

No comments: