Friday, April 17, 2009

Very nice ride, weather finaly coming around

Rode down my road today. Planned on only going to flat spot just after pond, since I had all my dogs with me so I didn't want to go past Lisa's with them. But her dogs were at the flat spot. The male ran home when Bruno barked at them, but the female stuck around. I got a hold of Bruno pretty quick but when I let go of him (the female had run off) he ran back down the road after her. Damn males! So I trotted Lucy down the road to catch him before he could run off to Lisa's house (trying to retrive him would not have been fun). I ended up getting a hold of him finally. Lucy was very unhappy, not only because I made her trot down the hill, but becuase she wanted to stop and stare at the dog and I made her get close! I think she was also a bit annoyed that she wasn't the center of my attention, like usually on rides! I tied Bruno to the end of Lucy's lead rope, so technicly he was attached to Lucy, but I wasn't worried, and it was better then having to bend over to hold on to him.

I got back on about half way up. Lucy never seemed to have a problem with the hill. We rode down Daves road to the Y. I don't have an exact speed or distance becuase I dropped my phone when I got off to get the gate.

But Lucy did seem to move out really well, espeshally considering that she had just walked a half a mile up the hill.

I plan on riding up Gazos and going for about a 8 mile ride tomorrow. Last Saturday was a 8 mile ride and she did fine, and that was with climbing two hills, so she shouldn't have any problems with it.

No comments: