Thursday, April 16, 2009

Its a Raven! Its a Duck! No! Its a panguin!

No seriously!

I swear I saw a panguin walking down the side of hyway 1 today on the way to school.

Maybe I've had to much LSD training with Lucy! HAhahah! Ok I crack myself up! But really though, it looked like a panguin!

I don't know, maybe it was a odd looking duck.

A really odd lucking duck. Uh huh. I hope the newspaper lets us know if it was a panguin. I mean now thats news! Very socialy importaint stuff there.


But in other non-panguin seeing parts of my life, I haven't updated my blog in almost a week!

Eeekk!

The blog gods will get angry. Ha! That sounds funny, blog gods!


Last week:

I can't remember much of what I updated last week, so I will go over it briefly. I rode Tuesday and Thursday morings. She deffinatly had a lot more energy then previously. We had fun, just went down Daves rd.

My Weekend:

So I ment to ride both days, but family got in the way. I was headed up to Carolyns on Saturday when I got a flat tire. Naturaly I did not have a spare (not that it would have helped much since my spare has no air in it currently!) nor did I have my air pump. So, since we were at the gate when Loren noticed, I parked there. Loren was sweet enough to stay in the truck and read while I went on a ride. Or is that lazy enough? I'm not sure. Anyway, we had a lovely ride up Gazos. I got off and walked Lucy up the last halt, the steepest part, which I think helped her not be too out of breath.
Up at Sandy Point we ran into a group of kids. Of course they wanted to pet Lucy, and Lucy wanted to sniff them all to make sure they weren't bomb carrying mutants. Then we headed down Gazos trail, since we hadn't been down that way in a while. We went about a half a mile or more out, then I trotted her most of the way back. No problems, except that she seemed a little bit tender. So I decided it was time to put boots on her.
I walked Lucy back up the hill to the house, becuase I felt it would be impolite to ride while Loren had to walk. Plus I thought it would be better for Lucy. I didn't need to worry, she practicly pulled my arm off power walking up the hill.

Sunday was Easter and I ended up stuck at my brothers all day.

I rode Monday moring, and Wednesday morning. I tried the Wintec on Lucy on Wednesday. I liked it except I had a hard time reaching Lu's sides with my heels. But it was comfy.
Lucy didn't seem to want to trot in it, but that might have just been her being her. I haven't made up my mind if I want to keep riding in it or not.

I would have measured Lucy's feet for the boots yesterday, but Luke never showed up. Not sure why, I should call him.

Oh and Lucy is living in the other paddock right now. Want to know why? Because my destroyer horse sat on a fence. So of course the fence is no longer of any use whatsoever. Lucy has now broken or destroyed a fence in every paddock or pasture at my house. Lovely.
I put up a couple 2X6's yesterday so I think they should be good to go back in.

I am going to ride down the road back back tomorrow. Will be nice to start doing a bit more hill work.

Oh and we learned about smart art in excel today. I cannot wait to play with some of these cool new things for conditioning charts!

Yeah!

No comments: