Monday, April 6, 2009

Its been a looonnnggg weekend

Well long decition wise anyway. I actually made some decisions! Can you belive it!? ME! who never can make decisions, made several this weekend! But at least I have no regrets about them, not yet at least. This is why I take so long to make decisions, because I never like to regret anything, and I never do!

So to begin!

Friday, Kezi came down lame again. But not to badly, just a little bit, and still energitic. Saturday morning I took her out as well and found that she is a puff ball of hair! She needs to be groomed something horrible!

So we went up to see the gelding, Briana gave me some brushes and let me go out and brush him and work with him. He absolutly would not lunge! He just turned toward me and would occationally throw a fit bucking and rearing. He actaully kicked a branch loose on one of the trees! I had Briana come in and lunge him so I could see how he moved. I was less impressed with him this time then last. Maybe it was just becuase of all the problems I have been having with this decision.

Then we headed over to Sacramento (two hours of beautiful wine country!) and picked up the peacock (who I let out with the dogs around and might have lost, my dad is not so happy!)
Then when we got back we went up to the campsite to see Lorens causin, Keith. We talked for a bit and then went home.

Sunday I took Lucy down to Cloverdale to ride. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL OUT!!! A horse trailer pulled in just before Lucy and I were setting off, so we knew we would have some company on the trail at some point.
Lucy was good, she picked up her pace with a little help from me. She even trotted out really nice! Although the next couple times I asked her to trot out she was deffinatly slower! On our way back we met up with the other horses. One turned out to be Micheles dad (the one who had mookie) and the other was and endurance rider (I turned green with envy I think!) we chatted for a little bit then headed on. Lucy of course wanted to turn back with them and so insisted on whinning a bunch at them. And super walking! Which is normal for her, but not lately. I yelled at her a little bit for going back to her old ways for a couple of horses she didn't even know!
I got really annoyed at her near the end of the ride when she wouldn't stop trying to eat grass. I was thinking about what I wanted to do with her, trail riding, endurance, eventing. She is such a nice looking horse but I can't quite figure out what to do with her. I think for now trail riding and if she wants to do endurance, then great! Otherwise we will figure out what to do then!

Then when I got home I went over to see Kezi, I took her and Ollie out so I could brush her and get all the loose hair off. I realized that I am not quite ready to give up on her, and that she is more my horse then he could ever be! I don't think I quite realized before how much she is my horse, and how importaint she is to me!

So I am e-mailing Briana to explain to her and then Russ to see where we go from here.

No comments: