Friday, April 3, 2009

"Imagine all the lame horses!!!"

So I took Kezi off her Naproxin last night. What fun she is right now though. It was very windy and Kezi, much like Lucy, likes to run around in the wind. Oh fun. She kept running up and down the fence along the road. Then crazy chicken ran across the paddock and Kezi felt the need to spook at her, literally, she ran at the chicken then ran back at us. And since we were standing right on the other side of where she jumped out, we both backed away quickly, or at least I tryed to, but my ottoman of a dog was right there waiting to trip me up. Do you think they realize that if they ever sucseed in killing us that they won't get fed anymore?

So I think its my imagination, but I swear she was a little more careful about her leg this moring. Loren thinks its my imagination. Before we left I took a carrot out to her and Ollie (Lu and Huck were to far away to get in on this good carrot action) she was laying down. With her foot tucked under her! I have never seen her lay like that! I would have been thrilled to see that back when I still thought there was a chance she would ever recover. But now I actaully want to see her lame because I feel like she will never recover and there is no way I can put her down while she is sound, even though I know in a couple months she will go right back to being lame again.

I have a theory though. Kezi's lameness is caused by downward presuer on her leg. For instance: when she jumped out of the trailer, it was downward pressure, turned up lame a week later; in october she was rearing a lot when I was trying to load her, a week later she was lame; in December I didn't see how she got lame but I think it was the mud, possibly the mud pulls on her leg; earlier this month she jumped out of her paddock, and was very lame even on the anti-inflamitories.

I mean I have lunged her a good deal and she has never come down lame becuase of that! But when she rears or comes down on her front legs from jumping over something, she ends up lame.

They whole mud thing is the only one I can't quite figure out though, maybe its just because the mud is pulling on her leg.

No comments: