Friday, March 12, 2010

Whoah Nelly!

 

So I rode bareback yesterday. Yeah. Its hard to walk straight today. Initially I was thinking I would try to ride bareback twice a week to improve my sit trot and balance. But in consideration for my bum and Lucy’s back, I’m thinking once a week tops and maybe just without stirrups at first!

I did however get to ride all the way to the end of the trail. The flat spot out there is bigger and flatter then I remember. I think I might be able to use it!

I meant to trot and canter Lucy bareback but she didn’t want to canter. I think it was because I wasn’t well balanced. We did however trot for a really long time (she was happy to keep going and going) and I got to a chance to work on speeding her up and slowing her down through my seat.

 

I really wanted to ride this morning before the rain. But we stayed up till 2am last night and I just could not get out of bed. I slept waaayyy in! I really need to get proper amounts of sleep if I am going to ride on a regular basis. And Lucy really needs it. She generally is waiting at the gate when I go to feed in the morning, then while I am getting their grain she runs half way back up the pasture. When I bring the grain in she come charging back down the pasture to the spot where the big bucket is. Well this morning I was apperently taking too long because she came charging back down the hill, and straight at me! I actually had to jump out of the way!

Lucy is usually much better at respecting my space then that! I was too suprised to punish her and probably couldn’t in the mud anyway. But she deffinatly needs to get out and be worked more!

 

Hopefully going to go for a trail ride this weekend.

No comments: