Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Well…..

No, I did not put Kezi down this morning, no I did not change my mind.

Its as simple as my vet was an hour late and then missed us by minutes. See I live behind a locked gate, which is about a mile down the road from my house. So we wait at the gate for people like the vet and farrier. I am used to my vet running late, that happens.

We waited for an hour then went back up to the house to give the horses water so we could go to town (where we get cell reception).

We got back down to the gate at 11:30, just a half an hour from when we left the gate to go home.

 

Turns out the vet was there between 11 and 11:30. Now they want to reschedule for next week.

This is bad. Why?

Because I was prepared to do this today. Really, I was. I had everything planned out, I was at peace with the decision. I wasn’t even crying that much in the morning while I moved the horses around and fed. I was sad and hurt, but I knew everything would be ok in the end.

NOW, I feel worse. Like I  am going to have to go through the past week all over again (a week that was rough and seemed to take forever).

AND I am supposed to bring Scout (arab  gelding) home on Sunday for our three week trial. It would be easiest all the way around if everything was done and over with Kezi.

 

To top it all off, I already have taken half the day off, tomorrow I am hoping to go pick up some hay. So I can’t really afford to take another day off next week as well.

 

 

Really, I am feeling worse now then I did this morning. I don’t want to be at work or doing any of the number of things I should be doing.

2 comments:

Mel said...

That sucks. I'm so sorry.

JB said...

I know. We are rescheduled for next wednesday.