Monday, November 16, 2009

Some post Kezi thoughts

So now that it has been a couple days, I am reflecting on everything with Kezi.

I miss her like hell, but I still feel I did the right thing. I am so glad I have not regretted it! Although I am not sure it has entirely sunk in.

Lucy was the most aware that something wasn’t right. She whinnyed for Kezi all afternoon and when my dad went up to bury her Lucy woke me up whinnying, somehow she knew that Kezi was still up there. Ollie got over it quicker then I had thought he would.

 

I still find myself talking about her and comparing her along with my other horses. I figure that will take a while to go away.

My dad said that he would like to plant a tree over her, except that the spot where we buried her is now going to be a small access road for my paddock. So we are going to put in along the fence since the spot is very close to the fence.

 

Its still feels weird her not being out in the paddock with the other horses. Although the new guy has helped me get my mind off it. The horses are still in the paddock since we accidently took out a post when backfilling the hole. I wonder what they will do when they get up there.Lucy  knows that Kezi went up there and never came back.

Lucy hasn’t been overly nice to the new gelding. I wonder if she isn’t over Kezi yet, or if she just doesn’t like him that much. Or it could be that she needs more space. I think everyone will be happier when they are turned out in the pasture.

 

So coming up next will be my gaga for the new horse post!

2 comments:

Mel said...

So, almost 8 months later I still refer to my "horses" in the plural sense. Minx is still very much alive in my head. I admit I've dreamed about her twice. I have no regrets, but she was the kind of horse that will be with me forever.

so I guess my point is, that you will probably be comparing your horses to her for a long time. :)

JB said...

Yep so is Kezi! She is not one to be forgotten!
Thanks!