Sunday, November 22, 2009

First week with Ocean

Yea, we survived the week together! And enjoyed it too! I LIKE riding him and LIKE taking him out for rides, and he LIKES it too! What a novel idea, actually enjoying my prefered hobby and sport!

 

 

Tuesday:

First real ride at home. Used Lucy’s saddle pad under the regular pad with the Collegiate saddle. He was really good out on the trail by himself. I did some ground work with him before getting on as he didn’t want to hold still. Did a little bit of working on the trot on the way out. He jigged the whole way back (thats a mile and a half!) so he didn’t get to go fast then! He was very concerned about the dogs being behind him, but it didn’t effect him too much.

 

Wednesday:

Meant to go for a fairly long ride, but ended up leaving too late in the day (darn work!). I rode down the road and up Gazos. He is super bouncy downhill! I am a wee bit concerned about him injuring himself because he isn’t very careful going down hills.

Anyway, worked on getting him to trot again. Doing better, he just is so determined to canter that he keeps trying over and over again. I got a couple really good trots out of him though. So progress!

Thursday:

Worked on getting him in the trailer. Did some ground schooling with him, which he did quite well at. Spent a good amount of time working on getting him in the trailer. He tried all sorts of evasive manuvers, but in the end my persistance won out and he got in and stayed in. I was pretty confident that I wouldn’t have any problems trailering after that.

 

Nothing on Friday, as it rained and I figured I would give him a day off before riding with Mel.

No comments: