Sunday, January 3, 2010

On the subject of another horse

So, will I be getting another horse?

 

Lets look at the facts:

  • I have had four horses for the past year and a half, while also having large vet bills at the same time and managed it ok as far as finances.
  • I have to push myself to ride Lucy.
  • Lucy hasn’t been as ok with being ridden since she was sick, is it unfair to make her go out for rides after what she has been through?
  • Lucy makes a great riding horse for my sister, who can’t ride very often which would suit Lucy.
  • I would really love to center on training Lucy to drive this year, but I still need to get out on the trail.

 

So, will I be getting another horse?

 

Yep, you betcha! How soon, well its hard to say. I could limit myself to exactly what I want: morab, mare over 15hh, greenbroke with trail experiance.

Or I could go take a look at this adorable 15.3 arab/tb type gelding who is a complete sweetheart and who really needs a home as his owner is pending foreclosure.

Of course wait a month and I could find another horse that really needs a home and is adorable and sweet!

 

I might wait a bit, or I might not!

No comments: