Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just a couple of maybes on the go to see list

 

I found both of these guys after a morning of hard cragslisting! Hehe! I now have  a whole bunch of cragslist ads in my inbox because I wanted to look over them more but not inquire about them yet.

 

So the two that I am the most interested in going to see:

 

Red Hot Special

Quarter Horse X Arabian gelding, three years old

His Craigslist ad

His sale page

He is bred for reining, but is a very well put together for that price.

He might be a little too small though, hoping the owner will get back to me on his current size.

AND

 

Shermandell Viscount

Morgan stud, two and a half years old

His craigslist ad

His website

So yes the downside is that he is full Morgan. But he is going to be one Hell of good looking horse! While I fully believe that he would have just as good of a chance at being good at endurance, he isn’t really the sort that is going to win the Tevis. But then do I want to win the Tevis? Its not high on my list! Finishing Tevis however is (on my list, not really that high though). So I am looking for a 100 miler. But I really don’t want a full Arab. I am very partial to half Arabs. Most particularly Morabs and Anlgo Arabs, love them.

Either one of these boys would be great family horses, probably good at driving and could have kids ride them, and do some eventing. When I was looking at Ocean I was fully convinced that I wanted a high strung Arab that was a supurb athlete. Now however I think I want a horse that is more versatile but still enjoys long distance riding (or being ridden at all!).

I want something a little more calmed down that isn’t real high maintenance, but can still get up and go on the trail. So I may have to sacrifice having a 100 miler for that, I can deal with that.

 

What I really like about these two boys is that they are just ready to be started under saddle. So I would get to shape them just the way I want them. Getting to do that with Lucy was so wonderful I would love to get to have that experience again, although this time I would be cutting out the boring first couple of years!

No comments: