Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Animal Communicators

What do you think of them? Ever come in contact with one?

 

I have had several interactions with a really nice woman named Chris. Back when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with Kezi,  she responded to a post on the endurance open group. She told me that she thought there might be something going on in her back right leg. I was obviously very interested to know why she felt this, and so I found out about her “gift” for lack of a better term.

She ended up talking to Kezi about her past and the foal she had lost at one point. It was very interesting, but I still wasn’t sure that I really believed in these kinds of things. I believe very firmly in that horses do not think in the same way we do, and therefore cannot communicate with other animals that way.

Now weather I believe in psychics or telepathy is a whole different story. I like to keep myself firmly planted in real down to earth believable facts. But I keep my mind open to just about everything. I am willing to listen and take away whatever I want. More often then not, I believe a lot of these people are just very good at telling you what you want to hear. If its not what we want to hear, then most likely we will not believe.

One of the more mystical things that I do sometimes practice is the use of Osho Zen cards. Not only do they give very good advice, but they are easy to interpret to almost any situation. Plus they are very pretty!

 

Now back to the animal communicator; this last fall when I was going through everything trying desperatly to figure out what to do with Kezi, someone suggested an animal communicator. They recommended someone to me, but I decided to talk with the one I already knew.

She told me much of what I already knew, that Kezi was in pain and wasn’t sure she could make it through winter. It really helped my decision and when I did put Kezi down she went very peacefully.

Now I am at a loss as to what do with Lucy’s increasing hate of being ridden or even touched.

So I talked with Chris again. She said that Lucy wanted more “mom” time, time just spent being groomed and loved. I have always found that Lucy isn’t much into being just groomed, however I can easily interpret this as being taken out to be played with and not ridden. I had been feeling like Lucy needed some time just being played with and not taken out on long rides. Chris said that Lucy felt that we needed to reconnect, which is exactly along the lines of what I have been feeling lately. I used to be able to take Lucy into the arena without a halter on and do all sorts of movements with Lucy following me. She would join up wonderfully with me and follow me all over the place. This is back when I was boarding and had ready access to an arena and round pen. Now I don’t do this as much at home. I think its time to put in a round pen!

Chris also said that Lucy felt there was something off in her hooves.  Could just be because her hooves have been a little off this year from being left too long last year, but they are defiantly coming back around.

 

All in all it was a great reminded of what I already knew, but wasn’t really paying any attention too.

Even if Chris can’t communicate with horses, she certainly can give excellent insite into your relationship with your horse!

 

 

Next: Some horses I would like to go look at (maybe!)

No comments: