Friday, February 5, 2010

Well that lasted long

I am having horse withdrawal. But not because I want to ride Lucy. Well ok maybe a little bit!

 

I had a dream the other night that I was riding Lucy in a 25miler, and hey we actually finished. Although I don’t think Lucy was really enjoying herself in the dream! I was having a blast though.

So I woke up the next morning and wanted to go for a ride. And today I looked at horsey stuff for the first time in two weeks (thats a really long time for me!).

 

Even though I want to ride Lucy, I also really don’t. I am thinking about leasing her out as a lesson horse over the summer. But am not sure that Lucy would be happy with that.

 

Nor do I want to ride Lucy and fight with her more and get put off from riding again. But I really don’t want to bring home another horse.

 

Oi!

2 comments:

Mel said...

It usually takes two weeks for me to start itching to get back on my horse too if I'm having an off time. It was funny to see you are the same way. (when I mean get back on, I don't neccesarily mean ride , more "interact" with them)

JB said...

Well I have gone much longer times without riding, but usually I want to ride, I just have other things come up. Or even if I don't really want to ride, I still am enjoying my horses. Its usual for me to ride off and on, its not usual for me to not want to have anything to do with horses for a while.