Monday, February 8, 2010

I did NOT ride this weekend

You can’t tell but that was said through grit teeth. I am not overly pleased about it.

It was a beautiful weekend, just a little rain on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.

But I did not ride. Why?

1. Its very, very muddy in my pasture and on trails and road around my house. I hate dealing with the mud with my horses and having to deal with slipping (both my and the horse). I have to have rubber boots on to ever think about going anywhere near my horse and she is a bit of a mess. Dead winter is a sucky time to live where I do.

2. My truck currently has a hot tub in the back, and an almost flat tire that needs to be pumped up, and (probably) a dead battery so it will need to jumped and its in town, rather then at my house. Too much of a hassle right now.

3. And this is the biggest of all. I through my back out on Friday morning feeding. Its still not back to normal. There is no way I would ever consider getting on a horse with a bad back, let alone that I probably couldn’t even get up there! Feeding was not fun with my back hurting since I have to walk up hill and then down hill and back again in 3 inch deep mud.

4. Do I even want to deal with Lucy and her attitude right now? I want to ride, but if I ride her then I won’t want to ride. So might as well pine after riding rather then being mad at all my horses because Lucy doesn’t want to be ridden.

 

I have no idea when I am going to get to ride again.

No comments: