Friday, April 2, 2010

Ah, wait….

 

…. this isn’t what was supposed to happen, was it?

 

I decided to start riding Fadzki (who has really great endurance potential) I wanted to ride a horse that was eager to be out on the trail moving out and going for long rides.

Why? Because Lucy does not like moving out a lot on the trail and going for longer rides.

So I put out the word that I might be looking to ride with another endurance rider and found Daniela, and of course Fadzki.

So what is the problem? Um, this horse moves out less then Lucy! Ok so I have only ridden him twice out on the trail, both times by myself (its weird riding a horse that you don’t know out on the trail by yourself, with Lucy its like going out for a hike with a friend). But really, this horse is driving me up the wall! I have a hard time getting him to move out and his gaits are appalingly slow! I miss my big strided QH.

According to Daniela he will move out more with other horses, well so does Lucy, thats not the point!

Of course this is a really wonderful learning oppertunity, I will be riding with Daniela who has been riding endurance for several years, and her mentor Dom who is a great endurance rider. So even if Fadzki is a bit slow and annoying (I will try not to go into how annoying I find it that I have to control exactly where he puts his feet because he is a scatterbrain), I will get a lot out of the deal.

 

I WILL go for a ride this weekend! Even if Daniela has to cancel because of the rain and I have to ride Lucy bareback. I will ride!!!!

No comments: