Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Updates!

Really not much to update on though. I haven’t ridden since Desert Gold, first it was horribly cold, then it rained and now I am just too busy. I am enjoying getting my work done right now and its pretty muddy out anyway.

 

I was hoping to go riding this weekend but I may be going to Las Vegas with my father. I hoping to get out of it since I don’t want to be away the weekend before Christmas.

 

I actually haven’t been doing much of anything horsey even my usual online horse research for one of the thousand things I feel it nessecary to research.

 

Mostly I have been catching up on work and doing research for my story.

My boyfriends mom gave me a bag full of leeks which I am now trying to find a good recipe for! Not entirely sure what I am going to do with them, I have never even eaten them before!

 

I’m also supposed to be going to a livestock auction to look for a cow for my dad for Christmas. This was origonally my idea but now I am not so sure I am up for it. I was so busy and out of everything that I put it off until this week, cause I kept forgetting that Christmas is next week. I am so not ready for Christmas.

Anyway, I am not sure I want to buy another animal that eats a lot of food. As it would live in my pasture I would feed it, and as I already feed another of my fathers animals (Huck belongs to my dad) and care for it. Plus I really don’t want to have to take all that time off to go to auction and whatnot.

 

Well anyway, I guess that is it for now. I was hoping to ride this week but now my dad wants to leave on Thursday (he wanted to leave in the morning but the horses are being trimmed in the afternoon so I can’t leave until like 5) so I will be missing a whole day of work. Of course as Loren pointed out, this is my boss who I am going with!

2 comments:

Funder said...

I'm late on this, but you could make vichyssoise or French onion soup! Leeks are tasty, just be sure to wash them really well to get all the grit out.

Have fun in Vegas, if you go!

JB said...

I ended up making three different kinds of leek soup and really like all three! I didn't get to enjoy them much since I went to Las Vegas that weekend but am planning on making some more!

I am now a leek soup fan! Hehe!