Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy 101

So Mel passed this blog award on to me, I have to figure out ten things that make me happy then pass it on to ten more people. Unfortunately I only really chat with two other bloggers, and since one is Mel and the other she also nominated I think I’ll leave that part out!

 

Things that make me happy:

1. Watching my horses run in their pasture. Especially Lucy, she is very agile and pretty even when running up and down hills!

2. The first 10 minutes of any ride. It doesn’t matter how mad I might be at my horse up until that point or how bad our ride might go, I am always just so happy when I first mount up and start down the trail!

3. Snuggling with my boyfriend! Especially on cold mornings!

4. Driving from home to work and back again, I live in the most picturesque place possible!

5. Planning my rides the day before, I like to sit down with a map and go over how far/long we will be riding and how we will ride the terrain.

6. Hanging out with my sisters, even though we are all very different, we usually have a great time hanging out.

7. Playing with my dog, or taking him for  walk. I raised him as my trail riding dog so he loves to go on rides with me, unfortunately I can’t take him on a lot of the trails I ride on now, so its always nice to ride at home and bring him with.

8. Ummmm, is it weird to put playing wow!?

9. Having a clean house, it doesn’t happen very often but when it does its so nice!

10. Living in a small town, where everybody knows you and looks out for you (or is just plain nosy, depends on how you see it!)

 

Gee I thought finding ten things that make me happy would be hard!

 

Right now all I want to do is go riding! I haven’t ridden Lucy since October and I haven’t ridden at all since Desert Gold. Too many things keep coming up. The weekend before Christmas my dad and I went to Las Vegas, I got the flu and now I haven’t been eating that well since then. I would have gone for a ride this last weekend but it was raining on Sat so I cleaned my tack room (Lucy now has 5 blankets! Two turn outs, one show/stable, one sheet and one fly sheet).

On Sunday I had every intention on riding and the weather was great. My truck was in town at my sisters so I went to pick it up, however it was low on diesel (I think anyway, my trucks fuel gage doesn’t work and I haven’t driven it in a while to remember how much I put in the last time), and the gas station in town has three of its pumps out, which is including the diesel! So I thought about riding at home, but didn’t want Lucy’s first ride in such a long time to be all climbing hills. I finally decided to take her for a ride at home on our short trail but while grooming her I got really lightheaded and had to hold on to her for support. I wisely decided to ride another day! Instead I took her out to graze and sat on her bareback in my mud boots, it was fun!

But now I really, really, really want to ride! Especially since I got a heart rate monitor and a really nice leather saddle bag for Christmas!

Oh and I think I want to buy an Australian saddle for Lucy! I like my Marciante, but I think I want something a little more English. We will see!

 

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Glad you posted. I was just about to e-mail to see how you were doing.

I haven't ridden in almost 2 weeks! Seems like a lifetime. I got a new endurance bridle from Matt for xmas :). I'm suppose to go trail riding with my aunt this weekend which will be really really nice.

zach_rabow said...

Which hear rate monitor did you get?!

I have a friend who road tevis (got to 94 miles) in an australian saddle, it is SO comfy! she has one with a horn on it which i could have done without, but it was very close to my to my english saddle...

zach :)

JB said...

I got the basic polar equine:

http://www.SmartPakEquine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productclassid=463


I can't believe how long I have gone without riding! The trip to LV really messed me up! I think Lu is ok with the very extended break though! I have mostly been out with family or reading, its been nice to relax but I need to get back to being obsesive about something!


I kinda miss riding in an english saddle, but I never found one that I really liked enough to want to ride in all the time. English is not comforitable enough and not enough security on hills, and Western is too hard to get up and out of the saddle at the trot. Everyone says that Aussie is right in between so I am thinking that might be what I try next!

zach_rabow said...

I rode my first season in my very narrow and light english jumping saddle and i did like it, but i rode a VERY spooky arab, so i learned to have a great seat... I still ride my thoroughbred in it for endurance... I think being able to jump 4.5 feet in it for many hours taught me to be able to ride anything! I ride the Wintec Endurance saddle right now, it has a bit of a higher back and deeper seat to it, it really has great security. it also has the changeable gullet to fit multiple horses :)
here is a link if you want to check it out...
http://www.crazyhorsetack.com/winproen.html