Wednesday, December 9, 2009

2010 rides

I will deffinatly go to one of these,  just not sure which yet and might go to more then one.

1. Shine and Shine Only 3/13:

Why: Its practually in my backyard, it won’t be much of a drive for me. I will get to condition there before the ride if I want.

Driving distance: 66 Miles, 1:40 driving time

The trails should be fairly easy, there are not many big hills in San Jose.

 

2. Shine and Shine Only II 4/17:

Why: If Lucy does well at the first one and I like it, why not go to the second one?

3.  American River Classic 4/24

Why: Putting this ride on here is insane, but I would so love to do it! Its far away (by my standards!) and from what I understand its not an easy ride. However I would really love to do it someday. Obviously I would have to chose between this one and shine and shine only.

Distance: 165 miles, at least 3 hours driving time

 

4.  Wild West Pioneer 5/28 5/29 5/30

Why: Well Mel loves this ride, so there must be something good about it! Still quite a ways away. I will hopefully know by then how Lucy is feeling about endurance rides and would possibly ride two days if she was doing well and enjoying it.

Distance: Well further then American River Classic!!

 

5.  Just Coe Crazy 6/5

Why: Close and I really enjoyed riding in this park. Again I would have to chose between Wild West and this one.

Distance: 90 miles, 2 hours driving time

 

6.  Diablo Trail 6/26

Why: Again very close by,  and somewhere I can condition at first.

Distance: 75 miles, 1:40 Driving time

 

7.  Eastern High Sierra Classic 8/14

Why: Again a ride that I would really like to do at some point, but may be too hard for Lucy this year (or at all). I have seen pictures from this ride and have decided that I need to go there in person!

Distance:  250 miles, at least 5 hours of driving!

 

8. Desert Gold! I think I would like the chance to ride this one with Lucy, as I did really like the park.

 

 

So now that I know there will be a shine and shine only in March (just a couple days after my birthday!) I am more likely to go to that one or the one in April. Depends on what Loren and I do for our birthdays (they are a week apart).

 

If I manage to get to one ride I will be happy, if I get to one ride other then shine or shine only I will be thrilled. And if Lucy just really takes to endurance and I really enjoy it with her we will go to as many as we can afford! And that Loren is willing to have us gone for! Heheh!

 

I don’t think I will get to ride this weekend because of the rain, I almost rode this morning but decided to get to work on time instead. So who knows when I will get to ride, but I am deffinatly having horse withdrawl!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Cool! Keep us updated. I'm sure the schedule will undergoe modifications as you train/go to rides.

JB said...

Haha! Also, Fireworks is not up on the calender yet, but if we do do more then just Shine and Shine only, then we will deffinatly do that ride. I LOVE riding there and it's so close to where I live! And of course I condition there!

zach_rabow said...

I may *TRY* to ride the april Shine and Shine (the 17th is my bday!) with my other horse Bo. I have talked to many friends who have ridden it, and they say it is challenging. I didn't understand how san jose could be hard! but i guess their are allot of rolling hills, that the trail goes through all day, up and down which can get hard on some horses... I'm glad i have good hill horses!

Am. River is a GREAT ride, challenging though. I find that it is more technical, not as tough as people have made it out to be. but, i haven't completed it :( first year, was on a horse who had feet issues who had ring bone and foundered. this year, my awesome mare sassy got a sore back from an old funky saddle.

Wild west. LOVE THEM! beautiful trails and great ride management.

good luck!

JB said...

The Shine and Shine only is one I have always wanted to try being so close.

The 9th is my birthday and the 15th is my boyfriends!