Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why the end of August is so important

 

So the end of August is coming up, why is this important? Because back in May when I was trying to figure out what to do with Kezi I decided to wait unit the end of August and if she was still sound I would either turn her out with Lucy or start working her more. So now the end of August is two weeks away, Kezi is still  sound and I am very excited to be doing something with her!

Unfortunately PAFF kinda threw me off so she hasn’t been out for a walk in a while but she is doing quite well as far as running around her paddock with out any problems goes! She is gaining more muscle in her shoulder, which is fantastic, but its kinda lumpy, not smooth like her other shoulder. We shall see what comes of that, hopefully her muscles are just progressing at different rates.

 

So now the question is what am I going to do with her? Turn her out with Lucy or start working her? I think I will start  doing some more parelli stuff  with her, some ponying off Lucy and some walks for a couple weeks then see how I feel about turning her out with Lucy.

Turning her out scares me so much because she could go tearing down the mountain at full speed and completely mess her leg up again, but at the same time I feel bad for her being stuck in the little paddock when she feels good and seems to be doing so good, plus I think it would help her heal to be able to move around more. Of course hopefully she is already completely healed.

 

I shall update!

 

Since PAFF was this last weekend I haven’t gotten to ride since our long ride. I am hoping to ride Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

No comments: