Saturday, August 29, 2009

August rides

Have been fantastic! So we didn’t  really ride around PAFF much, no wonder there, I was so tired and stressed  out from PAFF.

The week after PAFF Penny asked me to go riding, we have been trying to get together to go riding for quite some time now, so it was great to finally be able to meet up!

Penny took me up to Pescadero Creek Park. I was fabulus! The trails are really nice, pretty much single track only, so Lucy got some practice trotting single track.

Getting to ride with Scout was awesome, not since riding with Gerti and Eddy have we riden with a horse that went the same speed as Lucy, or faster, which is fine for Lucy since she will match her pace to the horse if they are going faster then her, just not if they are going slower then her.

It was beautiful weather and Lucy did great!

 

Then on Tuesday of the next week Sarah and I went riding. We went to Henry Cowell which was pretty easy to get to. Lucy was very energetic as I think the ride with Penny was a bit shorter then our normal rides. Lucy left Reba in the dust a lot! We went up one trail that was very sandy and we trotting almost the whole thing. It was way fun because we were weaving in and out of the trees the whole time. It was deffinatly good to work in the sand.

When we got up on another fire road Lucy decided we needed to trot some more, so she kept picking up the trot on her own! Unusal for her!

Oh and I didn’t have to get off for a bridge once! Lucy even went over one in front of Reba, which really I think is best because Reba can be a wee bit slow and Lucy gets really impatient on top of worried about the bridge. I used my lead rope a bit to get her moving and suprisingly enough she went forward and sniffed the bridge and was ovously trying to make the effort to go over on her own. It was great!

I did get off to go under a bridge that Lucy got a bit freaked out about on our way up, so I figured for how good she was I would get off and make it less scary for her!

 

I did a good job of staying hydrated and fed, and non sunburned!

So I have been scanning all my maps into my computer so I can make smaller copies of just where we are riding, because the maps are too big to deal with on horseback, thats why I like bikemapdude maps! I am also outlining my favorite rides and will make notes on them so I can go over them before and after the ride.

Yes I over analyze my rides!

We are going on a new loop in Big Basin this weekend! Should be very exciting!

No comments: