Friday, July 31, 2009

Three hurahs for Keziah!!

Soooo , miss Kezy has been going out for longer walks! Why? Because she needs it something bad! If I feed at all late, she throws a fit and runs all over her paddock, sometimes I don't even have to feed late for her to do that!
So I made the executive decition (isn't it great being the excutive of our own little barn?!) that Kezi either needs to get out more or be turned out with Lucy. Since turning her out with Lucy still seems like a scary proposition, I opted for taking her out for more walks!
I have been rewarded by seeing both her front feet chip a little on the rocks (really common where I live) which I liked seeing because it means that she is putting equal wieght on both legs when walking. Then this morning she did a little hop rear to face me and came down on her bad leg while holding her good leg up! Then when she was eating she was resting her good leg rather then her bad leg! Its all so very exciting!

So now the plan is for lots of walks down the local trail, a few up and down the road and some parelli sessions, which might include some lunging but I don't know about that yet. I would like to start walking her saddled up, but even though the Marciante fits her I might see if Lucy's old dressage saddle fits her and use that since I would feel better about her jumping around with that saddle on rather then my new pretty saddle! I might also do some long lining down the trail, but I would feel better if I had her behaving on the lunge first before doing that!

Right now riding isn't in the plan, but I have a feeling its one of those things that will just happen. Like one day when I am getting ready to go for a walk with her I will grab my helmet and hop on half way down the trail.
We shall see what happens, I am still very careful with her.

No comments: