Thursday, July 16, 2009

Two ride updates, home and Wilder

Yes I got to go to Wilder, but I better start with the ride at home first.

I tried out an endurance saddle, Big Horn I think. It was horribly uncomforitable! I used my sweatshirt as a seat saver and even then my butt really hurt, as did my thighs. The seat was just at a bad angle for me.
I rode farther down Gazos then last time, my phone lost signal so I just turned the GPS off, but I did figure out that I went about 4 miles from Sandy Point so it was probably a 10ish mile ride. I went about two miles further down Gazos then my last (bareback!) ride. I trotted Lucy in under the trees, she is learning that we are trotting more and getting used to it. Unfortunitly I can't trot her out in the open because there is usually bedrock which she won't trot on, and I understand. I need to get her boots!
Other then that the ride was pretty uneventful, everything was normal. Oh but it was a beautiful day!
I didn't ride on Sunday, just felt like Lucy and I both needed the day off.

So yesterday I rode with Sarah, Lucy and I both enjoyed riding with her and Reba. Reba looks really good, although a bit underwieght, Sarah agreed. I was suprised that Reba kept up with Lucy and I so well, but we did still outdistance her from time to time. Lucy kept up her normal pace the whole time and deffinatly could have done more! We only went about 8 miles.
We ate up at the top of the loop and Reba and Lucy made friends!
On the way back down I walked for a bit to keep the flies off Lucy, they were relentless! I need to make or buy her a fly mask for riding. I could easily make one of those crochet ones, I can after all crochet quite well!

I rode in my wintec since it fits the best of all my saddles. I must admit I only just feel what Becky was talking about about the saddle being to narrow, but she knows more then me! I do wonder if I should try another gullet size. I feel like if the regular is too narrow I can't go that direction and if the regular wide is pinching at the top I can't go any wider. But maybe I should try before spending more money on a new saddle.

We saw the markings for the Fireworks ride, I so wish I could have gone to it! I would be getting everything ready for it today! Or I would just take the whole day off tomorrow for it, but alas, it did not work out. I am still thinking about shine and shine only or Calero Classic, but feel like I really would have liked to have started with Fireworks.

Sarah won't be going to Santa Rosa this semester so we talked about going camping with the horses sometime this summer. Ellie said that she was talking to Penny about going with her up to Point Rayes, so maybe we will see if we can tag along. Penny and I have been meaning to ride together for years! And Ellie and I haven't riden together for over a year.
I will update on that.

Well anyway here is our ride:
http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?t=p&q=http:%2F%2Fapi.motionxlive.com%2Fmotionx-remote%2Fapi%2Fgps%2Fhost%2F3de1c540-0fe9-4ea5-96c4-692f2331fdee&ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=36.981592,-122.089648&spn=0.060473,0.108662&z=13

No comments: