Thursday, November 4, 2010

I can’t believe I haven’t ridden in two months

And I am too tired to be overly upset by that fact. While I can deffinatly say that these last two months have been because of stress, I just realized that I have not ridden consistently (or blogged consistantly) since last August/September when my dad first missed his mortgage payments. One might ask what that has to do with me. Well, in addition to living with my father (although the property I live on is not mortgaged) I also take care of all of his personal finances. So to say that I have been stressed out this last year since we have been unable to make our mortgage payments, would be a wee bit of an under statement.

 

BUT I WILL RIDE! Atually I was supposed to ride today, but I ended up going over to pull a permit instead ( yippy!) and then had to track down the inspector to get him to sign off on it.

So I guess I will ride tomorrow.  And then again on Sunday, hopefully.

If I can just get myself to start going out riding for a couple weeks I will get back into the swing of things. Although all things said and done I would have an easier time motivating myself to ride if I didn’t have to bribe my horse to come out of her pasture (or to just come near me).

I am up and down about taking her to a ride, but then haven’t I EVERY year for the past three years? Well I guess we will see. I might suprise myself.

One thing is for sure, Lucy is more then capable of earning her keep by being ridden out on the trail and its about time she learned that!

 

Since this blog is called Lulabelles Managerie next time around I will post pictures of our little bantoms, our polish roosters and my new cockatiel.

No comments: