Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Horses are a weird sometimes

 

Wait, did I say sometimes? I meant all the time.

So, to no ones great suprize I did not ride over the weekend. I was all ready to go, trailer hooked up and all, but then decided I wanted to stay home to clean.

There must be something wrong with me. Because not only did I make that decision, but I did clean, and I was happy with the decision later.

But really, it needed to be done or else it would bother me all day that I could be home making my house look pretty.

 

But why, you ask, are horses weird? Because the last couple of mornings, of my two mares, one has been running around like an idiot and putting herself in harms way by slipping and sliding and the other has been very careful and stoic about the mud.

But its the 10 year old QUARTER HORSE (who is generally very calm and level headed) who is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, and my almost 2 year old HALF ARAB filly who is trying to be careful in the mud and not being overly ranbuncous (not a clue how to spell that word!).

I tell ya, horse are strange!

I think Georgie might be in a growth spurt, she LOVES to have her neck scratched right now. So much so that she will stop eating her grain to put her head in the right spot while I scratch her! Lucy never really went through itchy periods while growing up.

 

I’ve got a great video to share next time!

No comments: