Monday, May 24, 2010

crochet fly masks

 

 

So this is something I have been working on since late last summer. On several rides Lucy was just having major problems with flys, so I decided I better make some fly masks for her. And since I crochet I didn’t see any reason to buy them. But as I thought about regular fly masks, I realized I didn’t like them. One of Lucy’s biggest problems in flys on her nose, which traditional crochet fly masks don’t do anything for, and other are ugly mesh.

So I decided to make something that would take care of her whole face. And look kinda cool at the same time.

 

Now, yesterday was supposed to be the first test run, however I had forgotten to add something at the bottom to secure it with, so weather they work or not is still up in the air, and I will kinda need a ride with flys’ (its been too cold lately for them).

Weather or not I managed to make them cool looking or not, is really a matter of opinion. I am unsure as of yet, part of me thinks they look pretty cool, and part of me thinks they are uber dorky and feels I should not submit my horse to that kink of embarssement! I tried to style them after old horse armor, but some how the look isn’t quite the same in baby blue crochet!

 

So without further ado, my crochet fly masks (a work in progress!):

 

IMG_1186

 

IMG_1176

IMG_1203

 

This one did not come out nearly as well, its too narrow. I think I will add a border.

IMG_1197

IMG_1200

IMG_1205

 

 

Now I plan to add tassles, at least on the nose, if not above the eyes too.

 

* Oh and the very pissy look on Lucy’s face is not because she doesn’t like the fly masks, but rather because she was trying to eat while I was taking the pictures.

No comments: